cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 7 pro 5g android 11

RichWallace
Investigator
Investigator

Any sign of an update to the GM1920 model?

Still on Android 10, with the Nov-21 security patch.

7 months old, not acceptable

Most device are now on Android 12, and this device is left I'm limbo on an outdated OS and security patch

Come on EE! 

11 REPLIES 11
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @RichWallace 

Better off asking on the one+ forums as it's not out yet. Your updates are provided by the device manufacture direct. 

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-12-faq-find-your-answer.1519491/

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I'm afraid that just isn't correct.

This OnePlus post clearly states OnePlus will work with carriers, and even explicitly mentions EE, to roll out Android 11.

Please note that the above schedule may vary for models purchased from our carrier partners, including Verizon, T-Mobile, EE, and others. Yet, we’ll work closely with them to deliver the best OxygenOS 11 experience for you at the earliest possible date, so stay tuned for the official announcement for the actual release.

As there are other 5G variants running Android 11, we can be fairly sure in saying the hold up is with EE. We kow a 5G variant friendly Android 11 update exists!

EE must verify and pass the OS for release, once submitted by OnePlus.

EE look to have dropped OnePlus phones from their range now...so I assume they have also dropped support. Which leaves us users out in the cold.

If EE have no plan to support / update the 5G model, they should just announce this. Then its done, and we can move on.

Silence, and buried heads helps no-one.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RichWallace,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

@Northerner is correct in saying all software updates are developed and pushed out by the manufacturer, even if network specific builds are required. EE would only be involved in any required testing.

OnePlus will send a notification to your phone when they have an update ready for you particular device.

James

I understand you're here to defend EE. And shifting the blame is clearly the easy option for EE. 

But I respectfully disagree.

Having spoken to OnePlus support, it's clear that OnePlus push the update to EE.

EE then test, and return to OnePlus. 

OnePlus and EE together then push the update to the user base. I am reliably informed the update has been sent to EE, multiple times, with incremental changes and fixes.

Other 5G models, with the same hardware, have an android 11 update. So we know it exists. And we know it can work.

This implies that the process is stuck at EE, or simply does not work on the EE 5G network....if OnePlus have pushed to other 5G models, why would they not to the UK, EE model?

I also asked in my local EE high street store, and the guy in there was of the same opinion as me....the process is stuck at EE, likely because this device is no longer, sold and so is now unsupported, and hence forgotten.

Like I said, EE should just hold their hands up and say the phone is effectively dead and buried.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RichWallace,

You can find out more about the testing process before manufacturers push out any network specific software builds in How EE works to test smartphone software updates.

James

I fail to see how that is relevant.

We all know mobile carriers test updates.

Precisely how they do that, whilst interesting from a technical point of view, isnt relevant here. Distraction technique perhaps?

I have just spoken with OnePlus support.

Based on my device IMEI, and current OS version, they confirmed that an Android 11 update does exist.

The lack of updates to my device will be escalated at OnePlus, and i should hear back if the update can be pushed to me. Customer servce guy thinks it not a problem.

I am now thinking that as my device is just over 2 years old, EE stop pushing updates to try and force users to upgrade, and hence spend more money.

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RichWallace 

Remove the SIM restart and connect to WiFi. If there is no download then no download is available. As you can see from the One+ forum there is no update yet for this handset to Android 12. 

The only update is available here:

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/support/softwareupgrade/details?code=PM1574156267635

Again EE don't oversee these upgrades anymore.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi I'm just wondering if you managed to get the update on your device?

I just spoke with OnePlus support and they are saying that they won't update my phone because it is outside of the 3 year software support

Any information would be helpful,

Thanks.

Nope

The OnePlus 7 Pro 5G UK version is dead to OnePlus and EE

I moved on and got a Pixel device