cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 6 Issues

Tpaz67
Investigator
Investigator

I've 'upgraded' from a Huawei P20 pro to a Google Pixel 6. After a few weeks I'm finding consistent connection issues, something I didn't experience in 2 years using the Huawei. What do you recommend? I've had the upgrade less than a month - so presumably there is an option to change it? Is this phone known to have problems?

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You only have a statutory 14-day "change of mind" right of return when you ordered by phone or online. You have passed that.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Tpaz67

@XRaySpeX has provided the right information regarding the 14 day cooling period. 

Please could you provide further details regarding your connection issues so we can look to see if we can resolve this for you?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Ohhh I'm at day 17 🫠

So a couple of examples - I'll be talking on the phone and suddenly the other person can't hear me properly - saying my voice is cutting out and sounding robotic. Even though I've not moved around and it was fine at the start of the call - and on my old phone I didn't have this issue in the same places. I've also found where I used to have signal using my Huawei I don't have any with a newer phone in the Google Pixel. Just doesn't seem right you know? Same network, newer phone with 5G and it's not performing very well.

Another thing I had with this phone was my storage was complaining of being too full when I transferred over - I deleted loads of pictures and emails because it kept saying it was at 90+ percent, even got a few times saying if it gets full I won't get any emails and it was at 98/99% full. I didn't really understand as I deleted gigabytes of data. Eventually I gave in to purchasing extra storage from Google - altho it felt like there was something not quite right as again I didn't have a problem with storage on my Huawei 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks! 🙂

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Tpaz. 

Does your phone cutting out happen in more than one location? 

Have you been able to check the Network Status Checker for any known issues?

What memory size does your new phone have compared to your old? 

Katie 🙂

No problem 🙂

And I've noticed it both at home and at work - whereas my Huawei didn't have any issue at either location for signal strength.

The status checker says 5G is actually a lot worse than 4G or 3G.. but then I don't think it's often on 5G anyway.

Both have 8gb RAM.

Cheers!

Katie_B

Thanks for checking @Tpaz67

Do you find the service is better when using 4G?

Have you enabled WiFi Calling?

Katie.

Ramone123ASH
Visitor

This could of been written by me. Exact same thing happening to me. Keeps coming up with 4g and 5g but nothing loads up and also there is a ! Through the signal bar

Christopher_G

Hi@Ramone123ASH

Does this happen in more than one location? Are there any known maintenance works in your area? You can check on our network status checker.

Chris

Exactly the same issues with my phone and my wife's phone, both Pixel 6 Pro, both get the !, 4G nothing loads, calls where either we can't be heard, or can't here. It's an absolute nightmare, and seems to be getting worse all the time....