cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel watch esim process is extremely poor

keke74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just got a pixel watch direct from Google (a freebie!). Went through the steps to set up the esim via the Pixel Watch app and was presented with two possible plans, both identical and with *no pricing*! 

I took the plunge based on a cost what I found after searching for ages online which, I believe, is £7. I mean, why would anyone sign up for a plan without knowing the costs?

Then I get a message saying I've got a 1gb dta boost on my phone plan. I have an unlimited data plan😂

Very poor customer flows and experience.

Let's hope this plan does cost £7 as there is literally nothing on site or during this sign up plan that tells you how much it costs. Come on EE, you can do better than this. 

56 REPLIES 56
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@keke74  For that £7 per month it’s a 30 day rolling contract and you get 10Gb of data per month for the watch.   

keke74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks. That's what I assumed having searched for ages but there is nothing in the sign up process that tells you the cost😂

I would have thought / was hoping that with an unlimited plan, it would be free / included in the plan.  Is that functionality worth £7 a month?

Also how did you get the watch, i thought the promotion opened on the 1st November.

keke74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah me too. You could pre order the pixel 7 pro from Google and get a free Pixel Watch. Not sure when the offer ends but presume it has given it officially launched today 

Bent_Batten
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

Which plan did you pick out of the two identical ones, top or bottom? Does the new plan show up under your account? What is the cost?

keke74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Took pot luck with the first plan 😉

Yeah it appears under my account; now £7. It has a phone number attached to it but it is paired to my main phone number. 

Thanks for your response.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Unless you spend a lot of time out without your phone, paying for the watch plan makes little sense, as you're just paying to use the data you already pay for most of the time.

keke74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Possibly yes but if you go running / do exercise a lot then lugging around
a 6.5 inch phone isn't great.

Either way EE's customer flow is horrendous