cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch4 LTE with non Samsung phone UK (EE)

GPRob
Investigator
Investigator

I purchased a Galaxy Watch4 LTE with a view to use the LTE feature so I am always connected for notifications with work.

On Pairing it says the LTE plans are not supported with my device (Pixel 6 on EE).

I see there is a workaround using a Samsung phone to setup the plan then switch back to the Pixel but I don't have access to a Samsung phone to do this.

Has anyone else got it working? Or a case of returning the watch. I see mixed outcomes on this forum.

8 REPLIES 8
MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@GPRob 

Have you downloaded the Watch app for Samsung, as I am sure I have setup a Moto Razr with a Samsung watch with data in the past..

I would just return the watch, as there are so many reports of bugs with the Galaxy Watch 4 and none Samsung Phones, features missing and just a bad experience all round.

I would wait for the Pixel Watch...

Yes, I have the phone paired through bluetooth and working ok just wanted to make use of the LTE feature.

I have seen previews of the Pixel watch and the domed display looks like it could be easily caught and marked, at least with the Galaxy Watch4 its shielded partly by the watch bezel.

MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@GPRob 

There is a Samsung App for the watch, which is used to setup LTE connections, have you gone through the App? Or direct on the phone

Only on the Galaxy Wearable app on the phone. Is the app called the same on the phone?

MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Yeah its called the Wearable App (Galaxy Wear) app in the app store...

You have got the seperate watch data add on as well?? 

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/what-samsung-...

This is the issue, when I select the mobile data plan tab. I get the following error "EE doesn't offer mobile plans for your watch" as I don't use a Samsumg phone. I can see others have it working.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@GPRob Samsung say the watch is only compatible with a Samsung phone to have all functionality of the watch. While you might be able to get it to work there is no guarantee that you’ll have all features of the watch.    You can not set it up with someone else’s devices as it will be then linked to that device and not yours

MozzaSec
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

I would just return it @GPRob  and get a proper smart watch such as a garmin 😛 (but they dont have LTE Support).