cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Fold 3 - no sound

Samsucks99
Investigator
Investigator

After an update around 8 weeks ago I started having sound a d screen issues with my phone. If the external al screen was on, the internal would work unless I turned the external one off. The sound also only worked while closed. 

I went through all the troubleshooters, uninstalled stuff, used safe mode, etc. Screen issue resolved but now have no sound at all unless using Bluetooth. For a while I got some crackly sound when I would fold the phone closed but even that has stopped. Not that it was any use.

I went to EE who said they can't fix. That samsung would look at the dings and scratches and refuse unless I paid for a full fix of everything. I literally just need the sound back. Those dings have been there from a few weeks after purchasing the phone. 

I went to the Samsung repair centre and was told (paraphrasing) "these phones are terrible, no idea why they're for sale, you'd be better going to CEX and buying a second hand one as it'll be cheaper". He then showed me a file - it's huge - of issues him and other staff are told to look for in Galazxy Fold phones. He said these are to prevent customers getting a repair! 

It's funny that about 4 or 5 months back I was in and got the external screen replaced with no mention of the dings and scratches. 

I've had 3 or 4 online chats with Samsung. Each time I was told a supervisor or manager would get back to me on a few days. No one did u til a final complaint. Then I got a call from someone who knew nothing and was a waste of time.

Spoke via email with Samsung and now it seems that either the contract / warranty are unfair as we are unequal partners within the contract, I that they have a significant amount rules to put customers at a disadvantage. Or EE didn't do the whole terms and conditions correctly as Samsung now says may be the case - I wasn't shown the issues that would stop a repair.

Either way the phone isn't fit for purpose. Its a Samsung issue and Samsung should replace. If EE know the issues, which they must, then they're party to it and I'll not be renewing with them in future. 

If you search online for fold issues you'll get immediate hits. In turn you'll see lots of class action suits from the US to Poland. I'm hoping the UK or Ireland gets one started and I'll certainly be joining.

My warranty ends in a little over a month. I've documented everything with staff names from when it was bought through to today. 

Can't believe that this is how I'm left after spending over 1k on a phone. 

My one piece of advice would be to avoid Samsung at all costs.

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Samsucks99,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've lost sound on your phone.

Have you tried a full factory reset to rule out a software issue?

James

Yes I've tried that and all the other myriad of advice that Samsung and EE suggested. 

James_B

Hi @Samsucks99,

If that's the case then sending off for a repair would be the best option.

You'd be given a full quote before any repairs are carried out.

James

If yiu read the above original post, you'd see that they did offer a full repair. Which it doesn't need and I shouldn't be expected to pay for. This is a fault with Samsung. Lots of users having the same issue which EE must also be aware of. There are several pending court cases abiut the phone being not up to standards as claimed. Samsung, or EE, should be sorting at their expense. 

I'm sure it means nothing to either, but I won't be buying another Samsung nor will I renew with EE. 

James_B

Hi @Samsucks99,

I understand your frustration. Don't hesitate to get in touch on 150 if you'd like to discuss this with our Technical Support Team.

James

I've been to store and been to a Samsung repair centre. What can 150 do? 

James_B

Hi @Samsucks99,

Technical Support are best placed to advise you of all available options available to you.

James