cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaalaxy S24

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

For the people on here that know me, know I am a massive Samsung fan I have basically everything Samsung, but I am so unexcited by the S24, I had already decided against Samsung about a month ago but this launch has just made me think why am I paying all that money when I can get near enough all the same features on the Pixel 8 Pro.

The circle to search is not a Samsung feature, thats a Google feature but Samsung in the launch made it sound like it was them, its exclusive to Pixel 8 range and Galaxy S24 range (for now at least)

Photos don't bother me so adding more zoom is not an upgrade to me.

Pixel is near enough half the price of Samsung, and people can say yes but Samsung S24 is titanium, yea but the S23 wasn't and the price is basically the same £1400 for an S24 is way too much, I agree I paid too much for my Fold but that was a nea innovation (2nd gen) so at the time I though the price was justified, well it wasn't.

In the next couple weeks I'll have a Pixel 8 Pro and most likely won't go back to Samsung.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @BrendonH 

I have upgraded as normal. It's an ecosystem question to me as I have and use the Samsung services as well as own an Tab S9 Ultra. 

Don't forget Google heavily subsidise their handset hence why it tends to be cheaper. You're also free beta tester for their firmware. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Northerner being a beta tester isn't an issue. I always signed up to the Samsung Firmware beta test when able to but obviously Fold2 is no longer part of that.

The S24 will be next when they bring out the next Android/One UI

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below