cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doro 7000H WIFI calling

rup_jam
Investigator
Investigator

My Mothers Doro 7000H was bought with WIFI calling in mind and has worked fine until recently. Then the Wifi calling icon was no longer displayed and she was dropping a few calls.

Press Menu> Settings> Network & Internet> Mobile network.

I attempted to access the WIFI calling option in settings, however it is no longer present. As was the VOLTE option (4G LTE Mode) in Does this mean EE has withdrawn WIFI calling & VOLTE support for the Doro 7000H or has there been a botched firmware upgrade?

I fear it is time to dig out a 3G cell booster again......................

Regards,

Rupert

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The 3G cell booster has been withdrawn with the upcoming turn off of the 3G network.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rup_jam,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Has the phone had a software update that coincided with the loss of WiFi Calling?

James

I believe there may well have been a recent software update. Though it is the complete loss of VOLTE or WIFi calling options leads me to believe that either Doro or EE have withdrawn support. James would you be in a position to state if EE has altered the support for VOLTE & Wifi for the Doro 7000H?

Regards,

Rupert

Leanne_T

Hi @rup_jam

This is not something we are aware of, have you contacted Doro to see if they have any information about the update and if this could be the cause of this? 

Leanne.

Leanne,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have reached out to Doro.

Would you be able to confirm that the Doro 7000H is currently supported for VOLTE and Wifi calling by EE?

Regards,

Rupert

James_B

Hi @rup_jam,

Support for EE WiFi Calling is enabled in the phone's software, rather than at a network level.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

James,

Can you elaborate please? Does that mean EE has a list of phones that are compatible? Or does EE offer code to a manufacturer who are free to facilitate access to a particular mobile phone network using VOWifi and VOLTE?

It is very frustrating to the end user. One minute they have VOWifi and VOLTE on their Doro 7000H, the next moment it has vanished from the options.

Rupert

James_B

Hi @rup_jam,

WiFi Calling support just needs to be built into your phone's operating system by the manufacturer, rather than 'approved' by the network.

Doro should be able to confirm if they have removed support with their last update.

Just to double check, do you have a Calls and SMS option in Settings > Network and Internet?

James

James,

This is the response from Doro, they indicate that the issue would be on the network end of things I.e EE. Whom am I to believe? Perhaps a conversation between you and John K (Details below) would resolve the issue? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Sir,

We thank you for choosing DORO. I see from our server that wifi calling and VOLTE isn't currently accepted from EE for this particular model of the phone. You could try calling them to confirm, but I'm not sure how it even worked in the first place as it's not accepted, unless as you said they changed recently.  I don't see any network provider that is accepting either wifi calling or volte for this model of phone. For EE, they propose it for the 7060, the 7010, the 7030, the 7080, and that's it for Wifi calling. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

John K

DORO TECHNICAL SUPPORT
support.uk@doro.com

0800 026 5479

www.doro.com/en-gb/