cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doro 6820 won't connect to 4g or perform software update

GRS_20
Explorer

Hi

My dad has just got a Doro 6820. I realise this is nothing fancy but it suits his needs for calls and occasional texts and is on EE payg. It was bought from the EE shop.

For some reason it wont connect to 4g and we believe the settings are ok but are there ones we should specifically check?

There is a software update but it wont work either for some reason. He has tried different areas but no luck.

We know he should get a 4g signal as my mum has the same phone and has 4g signal but has had the software update. The sim cards if I remember correctly were changed to multi size at the same time as originally they had the old one size fits all (until it didnt as they shrunk).

Any help/ideas/suggestions would be greatly received as its driving him nuts.

Thanks....

2 REPLIES 2
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @GRS_20 ,

Did you or your Dad make sure that it was a replacement SIM card and not one with a new number?

If you have wifi, please try that, he must also make sure that he has enough data to update, it would be better to connect to wifi if on pay as you go for updates.

If nothing works, you may need to go back to the store and they should be able to help, if bought from the online EE shop, may be worth giving them a call.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Hi, thanks for the comments.

The sim card was replaced a few years ago and I cant honestly remember if he had a new number at that time or not.

Unfortunately I cant see that the phone has wifi (it is quite basic lol).

He has about £4 on his payg which I would think is plenty for the update. I am sure when I did the same on mums phone it didnt blow the balance. Unless theres a minimum amount required for data access.

I am going to recheck things like whether its data service is enabled and the apn settings are correct.

I just wondered if this forum could help before, as you say, we go to an EE shop for them to have a look. Fortunately it was bought from EE online shop and it obviously has an EE sim in it.

Thanks...