cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE TV - not available for existing broadband customer

Pj2102
Investigator
Investigator

Just out of interest, has anybody out there tried to get EETV when leaving Sky.  I attempted this yesterday, but was informed I would have to be transferred to BT, pay a disconnection charge, Pay for BT to take over my broadband to add the EE TV package???

Seems very strange that loyal EE Broadband Customers, are not supported, are basically told go to BT, Pay more for the EE TV package.

Will now be looking at alternative providers once my current broadband is due for renewal.

4 REPLIES 4
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Sorry, but you were misinformed. Everyone can now migrate to New EE broadband with EE TV.

Try giving the helpdesk a call again. If you still face difficulties, please email me at tv.apps@ee.co.uk with your account number, and I'll get someone to investigate whether there's something on your account that is breaking the system.

OK sounds promising, but the gentleman I spoke to insisted I had to transfer to BT.  I have 14 months left on my current broadband package so thought I would be able to amend this, to get the EE TV added?

You can't add EE TV to legacy EE Broadband packages, but they can move you to New EE, including EE TV. It will require a new 24 month contract, but there's no penalty for leaving your current contract.

OK, I will email you through the link above to see if there is a relatively simple process to do this.

Many thanks