cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade Credit Check?

Jh1338
Investigator
Investigator

I just renewed my broadband and have a hard credif search appearing on my file. Can someone explain why?

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jh1338 

Are you sure its not a soft search. It will be to see if you are still eligible and not say in financial difficulties. 

https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/payment-methods/credit-files-explained

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Definitely a hard search, and Ive been a broadband customer for 10 years and a mobile customer since it was T mobile, there should be no need to do a hard search especially as my renewal price was lower than my previous price.

It has now fully hit my credit report and reduced it by 76 points...

JimM11
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Jh1338 Have you used the supplied link, and complained to get it resolved?

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

EE routinely DO credit check, including HARD SEARCH, when You taking new product.

Not sure, why they should do HARD search on renewal, especially, if You are long standing customer, but, if they do, there is nothing You could do.

If You was not informed, as credit check will be performed, You have right to complain.

However, You mentioning as it's hit your credit score by XX  points. It's totally useless number, which it's presented to You by CRA, or provider of respective access, allowing You to see your Credit Record.

It has absolutely nothing with, how lenders and other parties see You, they have their own, specific way, how to read and inteprete Your credit score.

Number, You see, say on ....Karma, it's their way, how to manipulate You, to take their advice, what to do, and blah blah blah...

Perhaps, within 2-3 months, Your score will go back up, whilst effect of this hard search to Your CR will fade out...

Markitos21
Contributor
Contributor

They did exactly to me the same , Hard check and that lower my credit scores.