cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not delivered but money taken

Shyamala
Investigator
Investigator

On Tuesday 9th May you rang me and asked for text message code and took my money £9.20. You did not deliver new sim as promised for 3 weeks. Every time I rang promised will come. So I cancelled my order. But you asked me the code for cancellation. But you took my money from my credit card. I want it refunded or I report scam from EE mobile to police as you did not tell me you are taking money and I asked are you taking money because I am not paying. I need a response before 12noon today you are refunding. If not will report this is a scam to police.

Mod edit: [please do not post personal information on the community].

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Shyamala

I am sorry to hear you did not receive your SIM. 

Was this a pay monthly SIM?

If yes, did you set up a direct debit at the point of purchase?

On May 9th when you called did our agent cancel your line?

Katie

Dear Katie,

Thanks, response in CAPITAL letters as follows:

- Was this a pay monthly SIM? YES

If yes, did you set up a direct debit at the point of purchase? SIM WHEN ACCEPTED ORDER ...on a phone call 0203 3332 0063 a gentlemen spoke. He requested direct debit whilst I was in the car travelling. So I gave credit card number only for direct debit mandate to set up he asked. 

On May 9th when you called did our agent cancel your line? No I cancelled line AFTER telling him I am cancelling the order that never arrived for more than 3 weeks. He said to cancel order I need to give text number. So I gave him. I told him as I never received the order I cannot pay. He said ok. 

PUC code given was ******** for mobile ********

Mod edit: [please don't post personal information on the community].

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Shyamala

Your first bill is produced around 7 days after joining EE. 

If you have a direct debit in place this would begin pending with your bank. 

It is possible there was a pending direct debit before cancelling your account which will automatically be refunded after account closure. 

If you wish for this to be looked into I would recommend giving us a call so our customer care team can provide you with a full explanation and ensure your refund is on its way. 

Katie 

direct debit was NOT PENDING in my account. Received email direct debit mandate will be sent by post to complete. This letter was not posted to me as of today.

All documents promised to post to open account - but was not posted to me. It is all in my email I received from EE.

Please call me. I can answer your questions. Or send me number and time to call EE customer services team. 

Katie_B

Hi @Shyamala

Our customer care team can be contacted on 0800 956 6000. 

The team will be able to look into this further for you. 

Katie

Dear Katie,

I rang customer services team on 0800 956 6000 they said this is a scam.

Going forward I hope no one trusts any calls coming as from EE mobile.

Even the email I received from the same contact who rang me on02033320063 I am told by EE team is a scam. The same person I rang when I did not receive the SIM card by post with DD mandate to sign.

Who do you trust from EE when they call? All customers please do not accept calls from EE member. See response I received from email address "EE Mobiles confirmation@info-ee.co.uk on 26 Apr 2023 @ 13:26 time.

As a Freestyle customer, we occasionally have to send you important documents about the credit agreement you have with us for your device/s. Your Direct Debit account detail will be delivered to you.
For Delivery Call at:
Kind regards,
Sales Team

I am very disappointed £9.20 money taken will not be refunded by EE mobile. If you can check and refund will be appreciated.

thank you
Sharma
Shyamala Devakumar