cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number not receiving texts, and I can’t call 150?

Cost97
Explorer

I am not receiving text messages to my number and when I try call 150 or ee it says I don’t have enough credit to make this call, even though I thought they were free to call. If I try to text balance to 150 it also says not delivered. I have bars of signal and ‘EE’ logo in the top corner of my phone. 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you're on PAYG, calls to CS are 25p/call. Does the text to 150 send, and show as sent on your phone?

From the info you've posted, I suspect your SIM may have been hibernated for non-usage. When was the last time you either topped up or used the phone for a chargeable call or text message? If it was longer than 6months ago, there's your reason.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-and-flex-hibernation-and-how-do-I-... 

Hi thanks for that, yes I haven’t topped up for a while so that is probably it. No the text to 150 says not delivered. It says to contact customer care to resolve the issue on the link you posted, how would I do this if I can’t receive or make calls/texts? Thank you. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

That's unusual, I would expect the text to simply not send in the first place.

Either way - you will need to contact CS to resolve this, you have a further 3 months from hibernation before your line is permanently disconnected.

All outbound calls from a hibernated line should be redirected to CS to assist precisely this scenario, but if not - you will need to call from another phone, on 07953 966150. Your last resort will be to use a web-calling app such as Skype, and call +44 800 0798586