Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Apple Watch as out of contract

Amcgrandles15
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am out of contract on my Apple Watch £28 a month cellular and gps. I have this paired with my iPhone 12 Pro and use its data allowance. 
can I cancel the watch contract and just use the phone paired with my phone without paying anything extra? I’ve been offered a data plan and PAYG but I’m not wanting to use it for calls etc now. Will it not work without this? 
Thank you in advance for any help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to phone EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your watch contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to phone EE giving 30 days notice of cancellation of your watch contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Amcgrandles15 

Thanks for coming here. 

Just to add to @XRaySpeX advice, the Apple Watch will continue to work for you when the iPhone is nearby and connected, and you can still access all the features on the watch. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Hi @XRaySpeX @and @Leanne_T,

thank you both for a reply.

can I just ask for clarification though I don’t need to be paying anything extra do i, no sun only or PAYG? 
I just want to pay for my phone contract and not the watch as I understand as long as I have them close together my watch will work.

Thanks

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Amcgrandles15 

You won't need to pay anything extra for the watch if you no longer want a cellular connection and are out of contract. Please call us on 150 to let us know you wish to cancel the watch contract. 

Leanne.