Alexa

Liveandletdie
Explorer

Hi,

I have previously set up calling via my EE plan with Alexa. However, I would like to remove that function, but retain communication between devices (drop-in etc).

I have removed the settings in the Alexa app, however the damn thing will still call any number I ask it by saying “Alexa, call xxxx”. It is still using my EE plan to do this as the caller ID matches my mobile number. 
I tried for 6 hours (yes, 6 whole hours) with Amazon support who couldn’t understand what the requirement was even though I asked them to remove/cancel/disable the outbound calling. Instead they said I have to go into each device and disable communication which isn’t right as this disables drop-in also. Any ideas? I’m boarderline closing my Amazon account altogether and selling the alexa devices, moving to a cave and seeing out my days hunting deer and making cave paintings. 

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Liveandletdie 

Have you unlinked your EE account from the Communicate section of the Amazon Alexa App? 

Leanne.

Hi,

Yes I’ve unlinked it in the Alexa app. I’ve also then tried to re-link it and disable it, and unlink again but makes no difference, Alexa will still call any number you ask her to using my ee account!
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Liveandletdie

In this case, please call us on 150 and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.