cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3500i unlock code

LeginA
Investigator
Investigator

Hello please can some help with an unlock code ee stated that nokia don’t release the codes. Nokia today say that ee is the ones that have the code. 
Why can’t ee help me.

nigel 

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LeginA,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

With some handsets that have been out of production for a long time, we need to request an unlocking code from the manufacturer. If this is the case and the manufacturer can no longer provide new codes, it wouldn't be possible for EE to unlock it for you.

James

@LeginA    You could try messaging THIS  eBay seller to see if they can help.  That device type isn’t listed on their page but you never know.  

More importantly it’s only a 3G device and 3G is being switched off worldwide so the device will only work with 2G when that happens,  is it worth the hassle of doing this ? 

Sorry this just seems an excuse Nokia have

confirmed that it is EE who can do this and

are obviously unwilling. Always seems to be the same service . Unlike 3 and other competitors. Very very poor and also being lied to is not nice. This is for my 93 year old father who struggles with any new technology.

Nokia say that it is the network who defiantly have the unlock codes !

My father has dementia not a problem for the likes of me and you I guess. Anything new is extremely difficult.

I guess the phone goes in the bin !

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm really sorry to hear that, @LeginA. Have our Customer Service team told you that it can't be unlocked? Have you spoken to them recently about this?

Chris