cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Fold out of stock again?

rajurahman85
Investigator
Investigator

My experience with EE last few days, be prepared though, it's a long story. 

Friday 1st September.

Me: Hi, I'd like to upgrade and get the Pixel Fold but I would like to pay for the device upfront.

Assistant: Yes sure, that'll be £1302 for the phone and if you want delivery for tomorrow (Saturday), that'll be an extra £9.98 so we need to take £1,311.98 from you, is that fine?

Me: Yes, that's fine, please go ahead.

Assistant: Okay the delivery payment of £9.98 failed, can I do that again.

Me: Yes sure.

Assistant: That failed again, actually it looks like the payment for the phone didn't go through either, I'll give it a go again.

Assistant: I'm not sure what's going on, that didn't go through again.

Me: Looking at my Natwest app on my phone (see image below). I've been charged twice for the phone and 4 times for next day delivery.

PXL_20230901_144838289.jpg

Assistant: I'm so sorry, the order hasn't gone through on our end. I'm not sure why it's not working, how about this. Let's try again without paying for the phone upfront.

Assistant: Okay that worked, but I'm afraid next day delivery is no longer available, so you'll get the phone on Monday 4th of September, and for all the pending payments on your account, once they are processed, we will refund it all back to you in 5 working days.

Email: Got an email confirmation with delivery date for Monday 4th of September.

Me: Okay all looks good, thanks for your help.

Assistant: No problem, and sorry for taking so long to get the order through.

Monday 4th September.

Me: Hi, I'm supposed to get my Pixel Fold today but I've had no text from DPD.

Assistant: I'm sorry, I can see the order but the phone is out of stock. Were you not told on Friday that it's a pre-order?

Me: No, I wasn't.....

Anyways, finished with the call, website still says in stock, I've been charged a total of £2,643.92 and I don't have a new phone and EE doesn't know where my phone is, if it's in stock or not, whether or not I'll get it today or even this month.

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Sorry to hear that you've had this problem with your order, @rajurahman85 

Has the online banking now balanced out with failed payments, crediting the bank account?

Which version did you buy? Please include the colour and memory size and I'll check our stock levels.

Chris

Account hasn't balanced out yet, my funds won't be available to me until end of the week.

I had ordered the Pixel Fold 256GB Obsidian. I've cancelled the order as the sales assistant wasn't able to confirm stock levels, I was advised to purchase from a store. Can you check the stock of your brick and mortar stores? Is there any in central London that has stock?

@rajurahman85  No one here can check store stock.   You need to call these stores yourself. 

I am in the same boat, ordered pixel fold thinking 1 day dispatch and a week later still waiting for dispatch with no other communication. I am going to cancel. 

giotecno1977
Contributor
Contributor

Just been on the phone and obsidian colour is 21 days, pearl colour 14 days wait time for stock. I ordered when it showed 1 day to dispatch. So I now cancelled.