cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating Upgrade Experience

lewispope
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would love for an EE Forum Admin to get in touch with me if possible, please.

I managed to get online and log in at 1pm and process my anytime upgrade for the iPhone 15 Pro Max with no issues - happy days!  I got the email from EE to say you have my order but you need to call the team - which I did.

I knew it was going to be busy, I'm a patient person but I got eventually through and spoke to Amy.  Amy was great, but I could tell she was trying to fill the silence desperately because EE systems were running slow.  She went through a few checks with me to confirm my order (and it seemed like she was having to process this all manually) - she was then asking me about other offers etc before placing me on hold to speak with her manager.

After 5mins, she came back and said everything is really slow while trying to do something, I don't know what - then suddenly she said that manager has informed everything that because I'm trading in my old handset, I will need to call back later or tomorrow because the system is down.  Why do I need to call back?  You have all of my details so I'm really confused about this.

I spoke with Ryan (Amy's Manager) just to provide feedback about EE's systems and that why hasn't this changed when learning from previous years for busy periods like this.  It just isn't a great customer experience having to do this all online (because it should be convenient) then having to call up and being asked to call back again.

Ryan didn't filled me with confidence that my order will arrive at all come next Friday - as far as I'm concerned the order hasn't been completed, so I would like someone from the team to reach out to me to discuss this, please!

Thanks 🙂 

17 REPLIES 17
Pt088
Contributor
Contributor

Nearly the exact same scenario - they said they would call me back when their systems were back up and running after ordering online at 12:59 and provided them with all of my info? After speaking to a service representative - it’s been 90 minutes since they said they will call back and shipping times are slipping by nearly a month via Apple’s website. 

Radeon85OCUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same, bloody awful experience, website down, app down, 40 mins to get through on the  phone, and of course EEs internal systems are down. Its pathetic, they know there is a massive demand every year so why don' they plan properly for it. 

Damn frustrating.

jwilson2
Visitor

I have two phones on upgrade anytime plans, have been a customer of EE for 10 years and it is easily the worst upgrade experience I have ever had. The customer service rep I was dealing with was nice, but you could tell was very junior and was asking other members of staff what to do next. 

Unfortunately, after going through all of this for 20 minutes he told me the systems were down and he'd call me back. To be honest I am thinking of cancelling with EE and just going through Apple and going sim free. This has pretty much solidified that idea in my mind. If I am called back and it's going to be a couple of months until I get the phone I'll give it a pass this year, and move to Apple's upgrade program.

Radeon85OCUK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Managed to make it through checkout on the app, went to place the order after entering my info and it said details not saved, yet I just received an email saying order complete with the info I entered and need to contact EE to verify some details and the item is still in my basket, so who knows if its gone through or not.

Hell knows how long it will take to get through and if EE can confirm anything with their systems seeing as they can't even login, last time I had this the order never went through despite the email, EE really needs a new system when confirming orders because the current one has been crap for years. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@lewispope : There's nowt this forum can do about the progress of your order. This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You need to raise this with CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Penguinjen
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same here.

This an awful experience.

what details for an upgrade anytime on a similar contract agreement.

lewispope
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Correct me if I’m wrong, but are there EE Admin’s on this EE Community Forum?

Yes, but they administer this forum only. They are not CS. They, & we users, can give general advice but not anything that is specific a/c related. They will tell you this as well if & when 1 responds to your appeal to them.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lewispope 

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. You did the right thing in registering a complaint and feedback with Amy's manager. I hope you manage to get your order processed soon.

Chris