Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting ROAMING

Dode_
Contributor
Contributor

When I text ROAMING to 150 I get:

"Sorry, we didn't catch that. Welcome to EE's Roaming Service

If you'd like to understand specific country costs or roaming settings, reply GOING

If you're currently abroad and need help reply ABROAD"

Anyone know what that's all about? I just want to turn on roaming.

If you've recently been abroad, or to remove a Roaming pass add-on reply BACK HOME

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
Legend
Legend

"If you'd like to understand... roaming settings" reply GOING.

Text GOING to 150 by response.

@bristolian Thanks for the reply. It was the  "Sorry, we didn't catch that." that made me question what was going on. I'm assuming the simple act of texting ROAMING activates it, at least the app. suggests it's active. Many thanks.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I get notifications of all replies to this thread, the tag isn't necessary. There is no setting in the app for roaming, you may be confused with "mobile data" or "data roaming" which are different things. Unless you have a text message specifically stating your global roaming is enable, I would recommend responding as I previously suggested.

If you travel abroad without roaming being confirmed active, you run the risk of not having a connection to foreign networks and thus having no coverage.

App says, "You're all set up to roam in any country. You still need to buy a roaming add-on or pay the daily roaming charges..."

but I have not had a text to verify that having followed what you said.