cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in EU/ fair use policy

matylda
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I had the Roaming Smart Benefit added on my plan, but yesterday I changed it to the Netflix Smart Benefit - stupid mistake. I’m currently in Germany (returning to UK in Summer) and thought that since I got EE texts saying that EE isn’t enforcing their fair use policy for the duration of the pandemic, the Roaming Pass wasn’t making a difference as it was free anyway. Now I understand that, without the Smart Benefit, it costs £2 per day to use my plan. However, I’m a bit confused with how this works when the fair use policy isnt being enforced yet. Do I get charged £2 per day sending a text/call to the uk? Do I get charged £2 for any data I use? Or only when I use more than 50GB (my plan has 160GB). And finally is there any chance to switch back to the Roaming Pass before the 30 days, if I get in contact with EE directly? Many Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @matylda 

Yes, you will be charged £2 a day to use your plan's minutes, text and data allowances like you would at home . It may be worth looking at the £10 Roam Abroad pass until you can swap your benefit back in 30 days, which I guess is about the same price as Netflix, so you aren't paying much more?

If the fair use policy is still not being enforced (isn't the pandemic over?) then you will be charged the £2 but can use all your plan allowance. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @matylda

Thanks for coming back to the community 🙂

Just to add to the advice from @chistery.

If you would like to discuss changing the Smart Benefit, please get in touch with our customer care team they will certainly see what they can do to help. 

Thanks. 

Leanne 🙂