Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal - roaming issue

lkole
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I have no signal while abroad. I had setup the roaming before leaning the UK but now I am in Greece and there is no signal. I have no way to contact EE by phone..

Could you please help me?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @lkole ,

Welcome to the community,

If on contract, did you activate roaming on your account? If not, you will need to do so by contacting EE, see my signature for ways of doing so.

If on pay as you go, it is automatically enabled, but you need to have credit on your account to do so.

Sometimes just rebooting your phone will solve the problem, and doing a manual search for a signal can solve the problem.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@lkole wrote:

I had setup the roaming before leaning the UK

How exactly did you do this? Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

On PAYG, this is auto-enabled once your phone is used in the UK first.
On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you are on pay-monthly and now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.

Hello,

I am on contract and I had sent the ROAMING text before leaving the UK.

Do you know if there a way to check if something is misconfigured with roaming online? I have no way of calling at the moment.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Did you receive a confirmation text by response when you sent the ROAMING message?

There is no self-service facility with roaming enablement, things would be so much simpler if they were! You can try manually connecting to each local network in turn, but if all fail - this would tend to suggest an account-specific issue.

Your next step would be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.

Yes I did receive a message this is why I thought everything should work. I tried to manually connect to a local network but with no luck. i will see if I can find a way to call one of these numbers.

Thanks

@lkole  Have you tried just restarting the device?