Signal issues with pictures

Aphra
Investigator
Investigator

1000027341.jpg

1000027340.jpg

 so the difference between the two photos is switching between 5g and 4g in an area that has "good" coverage. I'm finding I have to keep going into airplane mode and out. Or going between connection types to get my phone to actually be a usable phone. WiFi calling always works. Is this likely to be a phone fault I should try to contact EE about or is it just EE now? I've been with EE for 15 years and I'm considering leaving. 

4 REPLIES 4
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Do you have any signal monitoring apps installed? It would be interesting to see which bands &/or carriers you were using in both those cases.

Is this issue specific to one location? And is it a recent one?

No signal monitoring apps installed. Are there any you'd recommend? It's happening across a large area probably a 30 mile radius. It's been a problem over the last 3 months. I've reported issues on EE a couple of times but nothing seems to come back as an obvious issue 

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

A 30mile radius is likely too large to be a single site issue. Out of interest, where - roughly - is this?

NetMonitor Lite will give you basic info on band/tech in use, without overcomplicating it. If you've used the "report a problem" link without any improvement, this may be a traffic-related loading issue - do the speeds vary depending on time/day? Pushing the issue through EE CS would be the next step.

Knowledge of some of the output from NML could be useful with EE CS - eNB info, band & carrier info should help.

It's the Nuneaton area into Coventry. Speeds can vary depending on the time of day. I'll download NML and approach customer service. Thanks for your ideas