cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not registered on network

eruth
Explorer

Hi Christopher I am having the same problem. When i try to make a call to a mobile number it doesn't connect and the screen says 'not registered on network'. I tried calling 150 and same message. I have restarted several times and checked coverage on the EE site - which says excellent inside and outdoors. I am at home where i have always had coverage  before.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
eruth
Explorer

I have the same problem. But i only have one phone so cannot heck the SIM in another. This has just started today - yesterday the phone was fine, i use it for work at home everyday and have not had a problem. Can't phone EE because it says not registered on network. 

Coverage checker says there are no problems, the button to 'report a problem' has nothing on the screen (for my viewing, right now) https://ee.co.uk/help/service-status so i cannot even report the issue

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Better to make one single new post rather than adding "me too" to separate posts - all now in one place!

Sounds like you potentially have a local coverage outage, for which the online status checker is the best course of action - it's working fine here so perhaps try a different browser.

WiFi-calling is always available as an indoor coverage solution if ever mobile coverage is unavailable for whatever reason.

eruth
Explorer

I have been trying to make calls today and get the message 'Not registered on network'

I cannot call 150 for the same reason. I was advised on another part of this forum to use wifi calling, but i think my phone model may be too old to support this - i have it in the settings and have turned on all permissions and restarted the phone but it does not appear to be using wifi calling or made a difference to the 'not registered' issue.

I am at home, where i regularly use my phone without issue. The coverage checker says good service in the area but when i tried to report an issue it took me to an empty page on the EE site. I really need to resolve this because i cannot work and have spent 90 minutes trying to make it work

@eruth , could you please not start multiple threads of the same subject which you have already written. There is already an answer in the other thread, please continue in that one, thank you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Duplicate threads merged.

What phone do you have? Have you tried reporting the issue via an alternative browser?

Thanks shockwave, someone else said it wasn't helpful to reply to existing threads if i wanted it seen and answered. (and i've not used the forum before so didn't know what was best) 

My phone is samsung galaxy s8+, another forum post suggested this model doesn't support wifi calling, but there is an Option in settings for it - which i have activated.

I have tried the suggestions and am now adding the EE app on my phone to try to message. I have been trying to call EE all morning, i'll download skype and try that next. 
I just don't understand what's stopped working, and i seem to be really unlucky on the work arounds today. Even the app says it can't load my details haha. Universe is telling me to go hibernate maybe!

@eruth wrote:

My phone is samsung galaxy s8+, another forum post suggested this model doesn't support wifi calling

Do you have a link to this forum post? The EE app also includes a link to the status checker if you've tried another browser and that fails.

You could also use Skype to contact EE CS, although everything you've mentioned thus far points to a local service outage.

Thanks Bristolian - this is the forum i was referring to, https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices/wifi-calling/td-p/1166115 i might have misunderstood what it's saying, but seems to point to s8+ not necessarily supporting wifi calling. My phone is EE, but changed the plan to sim-only after a few years. 

I feel like my Granny with her first mobile phone trying to make sense of it! 😞 

@eruth , what I actually meant was, that once you have started a thread, then just continue in the same thread. You are right and best not to use an old thread, that someone else has written and started.

It looks like, if you got the phone from EE, it should have wifi calling on it, from what I have read, if you have activated it on your phone and it works, then that is good, and hopefully you are able to use wifi calling, this is always useful when there is a problem with the network.

If you are having network problems where you are, here is the link to check, register, report and receive updates:

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-coverage-checker

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.