Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi mini and phone connecting

red35
Contributor
Contributor

have a wifi mini on contract and just got a new phone ,pay as you go,

have added phone to wifi account on my ee and if i use app it shows data and the rest of site if i try to use internet then i have no connection on phone, there is credit of 5.00 on phone after ee took over a tenner trying to sort a problem out 25p a minute what a joke wont be calling them again, 

any how thing is why i can not use the data my ee says i have?

ty

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For future reference if you take your Contract Data SIM out of the MiFi Device and put in a Phone you can call 150 for Free.

Also I believe the Data SIM includes 100 texts per month.as part of your allowance

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@red35  It’s a flat fee to call customer services not a per minute rate.   And it’s 150 from your EE device. 

Having credit on the account does not go towards date usage you need a pack or you’ll need to purchase a data bundle.   Credit on account will only go towards calls and texts if you do not have a pack 

if you’re trying to connect the internet through your Wi-Fi device have you entered the Wi-Fi passcode on the phone to link it to your router ?
this has nothing to do with your EE account. 

so i can not gift data as friends and family from one to the other then?

waste of time having both accounts linked then

ty for reply

so i can not gift data as friends and family from one to the other then?

waste of time having both accounts linked then

as to the cost of call ,can not wifi mini to make calls but can send 100 text at 25p each 

and it was not 150 

ty for reply

For future reference if you take your Contract Data SIM out of the MiFi Device and put in a Phone you can call 150 for Free.

Also I believe the Data SIM includes 100 texts per month.as part of your allowance