Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speeds are awful!

lesleyfranklin
Investigator
Investigator

Hi
have recently joined EE and high expectations with brand reputation

So far at home, outside in the garden my average upload speed is under 1Mbps!

the download isn't great either but even on the rare occassion when have had say 60Mbps download the upload has still been under 1

is there some sort of cap on some antennes?

could cry at this point and thinking made huge mistake moving.

8 REPLIES 8
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lesleyfranklin,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What does the coverage checker report for your location?

James

Hi James

coverage checker says good 4G outdoors , which is where I have been doing the speed checks. 
Continually extremely low upload speeds. I logged an issue through the service checker but had a text to say no issue found. If this is what EE class as normal I’ve chosen wrong network!

thanks for taking time to reply 

Lesley 

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

 some examples of what I get from my garden over few days

Surely this cannot be normal?

@lesleyfranklin  Have you tried clearing everything you have running in the background ie closing app apps fully then restarting the device and then try a speed test.  Anything you have running in the background will have an impact on your speed test as that is also using data at the same time. 

Hi

this is a brand new phone and I had hardly any apps open. (Only use for mail/camera/FB/messages and internet)
i have actually set back to factory settings and re built between readings as some data didn’t come over from android on 1st attempt. And speed was first thing I tested with nothing else open. 
thanks

Lesley

Leanne_T

Hi @lesleyfranklin 

I would suggest giving us a call on 150, our tech gurus can get the speeds looked into in more detail and help you further 🙂

Leanne.

I did call 150 and was was asked to take details over few days

had a scheduled call back on Sunday at 2pm but no one bothered to call.

Leanne_T

I'm very sorry to hear this, please call us again and provide your speed tests to get this looked into @lesleyfranklin 

Leanne.