cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminally slow upload speeds

Delinquent
Visitor

Due to our fixed line ISP being ridiculously slow to sort a problem and having limited signal on previous phone network, I recently bought an EE PAYG sim and used it to hotspot.

It worked well, so I tried it in my 5G proroute router. Again worked very well. Not lightning fast but entirely usable, downloads around 20Mbps and uploads around 3-4Mbps at peak times

I called to order a pay monthly data sim to put permanently in the 5G router, the sales person suggested I switch the PAYG to Pay Monthly so I could get a discount off that, plus a pay monthly unlimited sim for the router. Sounded good, so I did. The new card arrived this morning so I set it up.

since then, my download speed is okay, but disconnects are frequent (26 in 2 hours) and the upload speeds average  between 0.04Mbps and 0.7Mbps, but usually around the lower end of those?!

I tested the phone sim that had also been moved to pay monthly by this point - same thing. That is now completely useless as well.

what gives? How can it have been so good as a PAYG setup but completely unusable once transferred to Pay Monthly?

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Delinquent 

Welcome to the community.

I'm not sure why the speeds would be slower. Are there any maintenance works in your area? You can check by popping your postcode into our coverage checker and hitting 'check status'.

Chris