cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE slower than plusnet mobile

ScottyScotty
Explorer

I have recently transferred my mobile network to EE from PlusNet mobile. Unfortunately my previous network are shutting down their service.

PlusNet used the EE network and had very fast download speeds (80+Mbps) from my home using my mobile phone.. Now I have transferred to EE they have reduced to around 25Mmps in the same location. How is it possible for a budget company to have a better service?

The other odd thing I have noticed is the upload speed is faster than download.

I can confirm these results with two different phones.

Is this normal for EE, premium price, slower service?

Anyone had this issue?

Thanks!

Scott

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ScottyScotty

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this. 

Have you been able to use the Network Status Checker to see if there any reported issues in your area that could be causing this?

Speak soon, 

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Which EE plan are you on? When did you transfer across and when did this problem start?

mjdee
Explorer

I think that the Plusnet to EE offer is for EE Basics. The EE web page for Basics shows: "Great speeds, max. 25 Mbps"

I'm still looking at the options for alternatives to Plusnet.

Fortunately for you, if you need faster download speeds, it's a monthly contract so easy to cancel.

Hope that helps,

Martin

ScottyScotty
Explorer

Hi all and thank you for your replies.

I have the 30 day essential plan which is 100 Mbps, I went to my local EE shop today, they confirmed the local coverage is fine, my new phone is set up correctly and cannot give a reason for the slower speed.

Out of the blue today I checked it and it is now at 75 Mbps which is a lot better.

I have no idea what happened but am happy it has sorted itself out.....

Thanks again, it good to know there is support out there.....

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @ScottyScotty 

Have a lovely Sunday 🙂

Leanne.