Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'lost' mobile data

amitgavali
Investigator
Investigator

Hello EE.

On 27th July 2023, I had around 4-5GB left to be used till 4th Aug. But that evening a message (SMS from EE) saying that all the data has been consumed. This left me confused but I recharged because I was in middle of some work and received 8GB +2GB data in my account. The following day, I received a message (SMS from EE) saying that all the data has been used up. But there is no way I used 8GB in a day because I use WIFI at my accommodation place.

Pls help with the lost data.

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @amitgavali 

Thanks for coming here. 

Please get in touch with our tech gurus on 150, they can get the data usage looked into for you and see what could have caused this. 

Thanks. 

Leanne 🙂

Benjamin1623
Visitor

Did you get this sorted as I am having the same problem. Used 4gb over a couple of hours. Data usage shows nothing like that has been used even if you add up all the data.

Phoned ee and all they would say was that it was you tube. I never go on you tube and the data usage for this is 1.49Mb.

This has happened 3 times now. Considering leaving ee if I can't fix it

Katie_B

Good morning @Benjamin1623

Welcome to the community. 

Did you advise the team that you do not use YouTube?

Have you tried deleting the app to see if this stops your data being used?

Katie

Hello @Benjamin1623 

I tried sorting out the issue by using the 'live chat' option. The guy on the other end, was able to confirm the data loss, and suggested to me check the 'background data' access of the apps, because the reason was, and is still, unknown. I have removed the access to background data for all the apps, especially reddit. I was offered the lost data back. I have been using the 'free data boost' since then and can confirm that there has been no unexpected data loss (so far). However, I will see if this issue is properly solved in the next month/cycle.

Thank you for the reply @Leanne_T.
I tried sorting the issue using 'live chat' option but it was very difficult to locate the option.
It would be really helpful if the 'live chat' or 'start conversation' option is made easily available on the home page.

Thanks

Christopher_G

Thanks for the update and the feedback, @amitgavali.

Chris