cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy data Topup from france

justmikeiom
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, can someone please help. I am currently in France and I need to top up my roaming data. When I try to buy a 7 day roaming top up  it keeps asking me ‘is this your number’ when I click continue to pay, it keeps going back to ‘is this your number’ therefor I am stuck.  Do I need to add the +44 in front of my number? I don’t know ? 

Thanks in advance 

Mike 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris, Managed to get through to support. Roaming  Data all added. Support said they had a few calls with same problem as mine for buying data while in EU via app. Calling them direct is the only solution at the moment. Anyway thanks for your help buddy.

Mike

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @justmikeiom 

Welcome to the community.

Could you try both on the My EE app and the My EE desktop site please?

Chris

Hi Chris, tried both but still won’t let me continue, keeps reverting back to my number

It doesn’t recognize my Uk number here in France 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks for trying, @justmikeiom 

I think it's probably best to speak to our Mobile Care team so they can look into this and add the add-on from our side for you.

Chris

Hi again Chris, if I call from France do you think they would call me back as I’m very low on credit? Don’t wanna be cut off in the middle of updating? 

thanks 

Christopher_G

I couldn't say for sure, @justmikeiom. If you call through a VoIP service, such as Skype, it could be free/cheaper to call from abroad.

Contact us | Get in touch for help and support | EE

Chris

Hi Chris, Managed to get through to support. Roaming  Data all added. Support said they had a few calls with same problem as mine for buying data while in EU via app. Calling them direct is the only solution at the moment. Anyway thanks for your help buddy.

Mike

Christopher_G

Glad you got sorted, @justmikeiom. Thanks for coming back to let me know. 

Enjoy the rest of your trip! 🙂

Chris