cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with LTE GHz

lstew
Investigator
Investigator

hello, so we have one of these EE masts for the emergency services right outside our house, we have 6 EE mobile phones all work excellently including 4g so bought a 4GEE WIFI MINI but can't get signal on it at all. Spoke to level 3 support and apparently we need a device that works with a GHz frequency of 1500 - 1800 GHz  so the wifi mini is out. It is for occasional use as our home wifi is line of sight mast and is unreliable as its power source is solar. ANyone know the tech spec of any of the other routers, or any other possible solution? We have been using our phones as hotspots but I work from home and its not quite good enough.

9 REPLIES 9
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @lstew 

I fear you've been slightly misinformed. If your EE mobile have service in this location, the 4G routers use the exact same network signal.

EE's primary 4G-band is B3 1800Mhz, but I don't think that's the issue here. Does your mini-WiFi device work in other locations?

maybe i picked it up wrong... but they defo said something about the frequencies. 

yes the mini thingy works in other places and the sim card thats in it works in a phone handset...@bristolian

maybe i got it the wrong way round and i need something that transmits at a lower frequency, she said something about 800mhz? 

The mobile signal in both direction will be same as on the EE mobile phones that work there.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Can you be specific about which mobile router device it is, that you're using?

It's true to say that mobile-data devices use the same network signal as mobiles. However, if the router device works elsewhere, there may be some further checks of your current location that are worthwhile.

I take it to be 4GEE WiFi Mini 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

so my question is ...is there another ee product that will work for intermittent broadband useage of approx 10 devices?

I assumed the same Xray, but wanted to be sure.

To @lstew - I'm unsure of the tech specs of this device and can't seem to find any, however.. I suspect this device is not compatible with the 4G800 service, which EE use as an "extended range" coverage layer.

Without knowing the specific location you're in - and I wouldn't ask you to post this on a public forum - I suspect the site near you is only carrying 4G800 service and not any other 4G band such as 1800Mhz.

This is not uncommon in some remote areas.

The very early 4GEEMini's (the Square shape ones) depending on exact model did not support 800Mhz Bands (Band 20) the newer Minis ( more of a 16:9 shape) should be fine.

There's not much info around on the exact Band specs. but the reason I remember this was because at the time a lot of peeps were getting them  Unlocked and then trying to use them on Voda and O2, without much success.