cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using data in the EU

Janner747
Investigator
Investigator

I contacted EE to confirm that I could continue to use my data in the EU this summer, as my contract predated the changes. I have received a text message from EE to say

Great news, you can use your plan’s minutes, text, and data allowance whilst in Germany at no extra cost.

However the next sentence says.

call from Germany to countries outside the EU are 1.25per min etc. 

Is anybody able to clarify whether I can phone/ text to family in UK using my free data, or will I be charged. 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Janner747  Yes you can call back to the UK and it’ll only use your allowances.  

Thanks Chris. EE’s text message is unnecessarily confusing!

Hi again

Are you aware whether the 15GB per month usage remains the same. Also whether the odd rule that that predates Brexit, that I could only use my mobile for 2 months before I was required to use it in the UK for a day, before continuing to use in the EU. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Janner747

Yes, you can use your 15GB within the EU, if your plan started before 7th July 2021.

There is a stable links policy in our terms and conditions:

'You must comply with the EE fair usage policy which includes you being a permanent resident in, or having a
stable link to, the UK. We will consider you to have a stable link to the UK if, during any four-month period, you:

• spend a total of two months or more within the UK; or
• mainly use your inclusive voice, text or data usage allowances in the UK, rather than while you are roaming'

Hope this helps.

Chris

If you're on contract you may use up to 50 GB data per billing month if you have more.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)