cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to more data.

AlfieB7
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, when I took out my contract with EE two days ago, I was told that because of my credit history (I’m 19 and this is my first time having a contract so I guess that’s why) I wouldn’t be able to take out a contract that costs more than £54 a month. Therefore although I had wanted to get an unlimited data plan, I was only able to get 40GB. However, the person I was on the phone to when I took out the contract told me that after 30 days I can upgrade to more data, but whenever I try to find out more about this on the EE site, it always says I have to be towards the end of my contract.

So… Can I upgrade to more data (from 40CB to unlimited) and if so when and how? 

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on a SIM only contract or did you get a phone? 

On SIM only you you could have had an unlimited smart plan (24 months) for £28 per month. 

If you're on a pay monthly phone contract then it's unlikely you can change this for at least 6 months as you'll need to prove you can pay the bill. In addition you'll have to upgrade up (pay more,). 

Lastly unlimited is only 600GB on EE.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.