cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming in US

Tom251
Investigator
Investigator

Boy am I annoyed at the moment. My wife, and both sons all have EE monthly contacts. We are in the US and no one can access any mobile data.

All 3 have received messages 3 days ago saying that the roaming plus pass was activated, presumably being charged 9.50 +vat. My eldest son gave up trying even after being in with a live chat person, and bought an e-sim.

all have flight mode off, roaming on.

I am the bill payer and have access to the myself app and have activated ( I think) everything I need to.

today, in (still) trying to get my wife’s phone working I have tried to turn the enable roaming off and on to see if it would change anything. As I turned it off, I got a message saying you have turned off roaming, this may take 24 hours to go through. She has now lost network access here and cannot text. Presumably in 24 hours I can turn this back on, but have to wait another 24 hours for it to activate, by which time we will be almost home.

vey annoyed at the service we have been provided with. Any help gratefully received.

10 REPLIES 10
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Tom251.

Were you able to change your settings form user to bill payer in your account?

Have you tried reactivating roaming on her number?

Jon

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Turning Roaming OFF is counter-intuitive when you are roaming.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks John, no I wasn’t.

I agree it is, however I thought a simple turn it on and off again might help. However even though it is all now back on in the app, 48 hrs later my wife still cannot send or receive any texts or calls, never mind mobile data.EE will be losing 3 accounts on our return home.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tom251

Have you tried manually searching for a network and selecting a different available network? 

Leanne 🙂

John, I did try turning roaming off to turn it back on again, it took 24 hours to turn it off and now although the my ee app shows it is back on, my wife has no text access even 48 hours later.

Hi Leanne, yes, only t mobile shows up.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Tom251

In this case, please get in touch with our mobile care team who can get this looked into further.

Leanne.

Hi Leanne I spent a while on this issue at the start of the week with an ee advisor, as has my son, before he gave up and bought a virtual sim. I wish we had done the same. As we are leaving tomorrow I am reluctant to give up anymore holiday time staying in the hotel where I have Wi-Fi to sort this out when I could be in the city exploring. We’ll just go old school and use paper maps, ask for directions and duck into shopping centres for wifi