cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying Content Lock

TyrannicalTea
Visitor

Why on earth is it so seemingly impossible to remove this?

And why does the help pages on this sight suggest you find and change a setting in MyEE that literally doesn't exist???

Seriously it seems like the help here are simply copy and pasted messages or bots.

Changing content settings Via myEE DOES NOT exist seemingly so I have no idea why it misinforms you by saying as much.

Tried to do it on myee but the setting doesn't exist.

Tried to do it by text but it told me to call.

Cannot do it by call because it is too late.

Cannot do it by attempting to access a locked sight as the debit card confirmation redirect never appears for whatever reason.

Is this even possible...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TyrannicalTea wrote:

Changing content settings Via myEE DOES NOT exist seemingly so I have no idea why it misinforms you by saying as much.

That's only for contracts. You must be on PAYG.

On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy (debit card no good as you could be a child with 1) & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@TyrannicalTea wrote:

That's only for contracts. You must be on PAYG.

On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy (debit card no good as you could be a child with 1) & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)