cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data roaming in europe

Sweeney1940
Investigator
Investigator

Ok so annoyed isnt the word ! i was persuaded to stay on an iphone and have had an iphone since iphone 4..  since getting the damn thing its been problem after problem and hey presto it doesnt fail to fk me up yet again ... i travel to Europe frequently and all my other phones ive just switched data roaing on and off as ive wanted to but in settings on this pile of **bleep**e iphone 15 plus it seems i cannot do it like that , i arrived in the Netherlands from the UK last night  driving to Germany and i use the phone as a map and obviously if anything goes wrong i can look things up to try and sort the problem before having to shell out on a garage etc .. so ive driven over 500 miles with no data content , no apparent way of switching it on and ive tried calling EE with both their 150 number from wifi where im staying AND their direct number and neither will connect ! . the instructions in the ' look at your phone user guide is outdated and certainly is NOT an iphone 15 instruction / set up guide as it looks totally different to what i have on screen ! Can anyone please help as im really stuck ... 

ohhh EE when i get back in UK i will be yet again visiting your store and making sure the spotty little youths that you employ in there get bent over and fkd with this shtbox phone and then you can whistle for your payment ,,,,ill see you in court for it ok ... feel free tto call me if you read this because your service is the worst ive ever encountered ! 

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Roaming, which enables access to foreign networks, is an account-level function and isn't something you can toggle on any phone.

Did you have a connection to foreign networks? Or was this just a problem with mobile data - and voice calls/texts worked fine?

for eternity since coming back and forth to Germany from UK all ive ever done is switch mobile data roaming on or off in settings , yestwrday i was able to call my girlfriend in Germany from Holland to say i have zero data roaming , cant find a network provider etc in Holland then it just caried on not getting any right the way unti li arrived here in Germany .. i still cannot get anything except wifi at her house  but Can make calls whilst in my van but that is it .. ive tried calling EE several times but its silence is deafening , it just wont connect and that is from being on wifi . really doing my head in as ive gone through the on screen set up guides on here but the pic by pic guide looks nothing like what my iphone 15 settings page looks like - there are lines that arent on my settings list but it says on the guide to click that particular one .. please help im stuffed without roaming . ta . 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

As per my previous post, does your phone have a connection to foreign networks? If not, toggling data roaming on your phone is futile - all this enables is the ability to use mobile data whilst already roaming.

You've mentioned "can make calls whilst in my van" - does this mean your phone shows a network connection? This seems to contradict your statement of "can't find a network provider in Holland".

Regardless of any billing add-on or phone setting, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks. Can you clarify whether you have a mobile network connection shown?

Sweeney1940
Investigator
Investigator

you set everything up before you leave the confines of fkd up UK ! im stuck in Europe with no data roaming even after using someones landline for 50 minutes to EE  and having to pay for an add on for data roaming BUT that was yesterday and still im here with no roaming etc on my phone ! they think by crediting me the 10 quid they were going to charge me to add it on will sufficiently pay the charge for using a landline in europe to call a fkn mobile number in uk for 50 minutes and it looks like i will have to do it again and go through all the same bull sht again with dullards in a call centre that dont have a clue about anything ! Even the technical ' team ' havent got a bloody idea on setting on the iphone 15 plus so what fkn hope have i got ! i HATE EE ! robbing scummy bstrds !

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you want help with your service issues, simply reply to this thread including answers to the questions posed.

There's no need to add to other threads with the same query.

@Sweeney1940  You might want to read 

IMG_1966.png

And this can be found here by clicking. 

THIS