cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The FREE DATA OFFER For the King's Coronation SEEMS it hasn't started

acidhouseitems
Investigator
Investigator

The FREE DATA OFFER For the King's Coronation the free data from EE on Saturday and Sunday.

Seems not to have started as yet, UK Saturday 01:20 am onwards.

Checked my Data / Balance and taken the screenshot : for reference , by which time just before midnight UK GMT.

Clicked on the text message link which give some details but after reading the online content this was into 6th Saturday after 00.05am.

Shocked to notice it had used some Data, this I kind of predict is using my own account balance Data. For the this Forum Post / Registering .

Hello to all, Many Thanks for reading my Late Night / Early Morning community forum post.

Please do Celebrate the King's Coronation and Maybe somebody can confirm if this data from EE on Saturday and Sunday is still going ahead? 

35 REPLIES 35
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@acidhouseitems   First Ive head about this.    And why Saturday/Sunday when the coronation is Monday.   The weekend is not relevant to the coronation so this make no sense for such an offer

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @acidhouseitems 

Welcome to the community.

Could you give it a try again this morning please? I can confirm that this is an EE Promotion.

@Chris_B - The coronation is today. 🙂

EE ANNOUNCES FREE MOBILE DATA FOR ALL TO CELEBRATE THE KING’S CORONATION

Chris

@Christopher_G   I knew that.  Lol.    

@Christopher_G   So it’s only free data if you e used up your data allowance.   You still use your allowances but if you run out you’ll get free data.  Sorry to say but that’s not really an offer of free data as this will only be applicable to those who have run out of data not the majority of customers who have a data allowance.   While it sounds good it’s not going to cover the vast majority of EE customers who are still within their data allowance. 

Christopher_G

It's zero rated data for eligible customers, even if you've ran out of data, @Chris_B.

I can see the confusion from that Newsroom article though. This help page explains it better with some frequently asked questions: EE ANNOUNCES FREE MOBILE DATA FOR ALL TO CELEBRATE THE KING’S CORONATION 

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Nice gesture, mainly that this doesn't just apply to streaming coronation-related stuff but everything else too. Quite a few high-profile sporting events today, I'll be at one but following another at half-time.

If only there were a way to exclude these days from device-based data-counters, happy days.

@Christopher_G   So who’s an eligible customer?     How does one know that they are eligible for this offer.    

Ive just switched Wi-Fi off on my phone just for this weekend just to see if I use my allowance.  

Christopher_G

We are zero rating the mobile network for EE, BT Mobile and TMUK customers. The zero rating applies to PAYM and PAYG customers, excluding business customers.

There are other exclusions too, customers who are overseas or in our collections system.

Chris

foxtrotmike
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

https://ee.co.uk/coronation

FAQS here

I’ve run out of data - what does this mean for me?

Even if you’ve run out of data before Sunday on your usual plan, you’ll be able to access data services for the 48 hour period. You won’t incur any additional charges.