cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam abroad

Copsey1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, using my roam abroad allowance can I send a WhatsApp pictures holiday snaps etc using my my 4g rather than wifi without getting charged? Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Copsey1

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have the Roam Abroad Pass? 

Where are you going? 

Leanne 🙂

Copsey1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I haven’t got the roam pass yet but I will be requesting one when I reach Spain next month 🙂

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Copsey1

With the Roam Abroad Pass, you can use up to 50GB of your data allowance when abroad, to use data and apps. 

If your account is on pay monthly, check your My EE account to make sure roaming and call abroad is active, see our EE Roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad post, for help on getting set up.

Leanne.

Hi, thanks for your reply but it didn’t answer my original question, can I send pictures on my WhatsApp account using my mobile data (not wifi) without getting charged or will sending pictures incur a cost? 🙂

@Leanne_T did answer your question, WhatsApp uses Data be it Free Local WiFi (which is zero Cost, unless your paying for the privaledge) or using your own Mobile Data usage, and the advice given is clear, yes you will incur a Roaming Charge for Data Usage without an inclusive Usage, which is subject to your Account Plan on either Pay Monthly or PAYGO and depending on when you took out the Plan or PAYGO Sim.

My additional advice is set up up any required Roaming Add-Ons or Agreements before your Travel Aboard, have a Great Trip.