cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile data on Honor 8S

rab5
Investigator
Investigator

I have a Motorola G8 and my partner has an Honor 8S. She has recently received a 4G SIM (PAYG) to replace 3G. She has no mobile data (no 4G symbol). When I put my SIM in her phone it works fine and her SIM works in mine. Any suggestions please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @rab5 

I recommend your partner speaks to our Mobile Care team to make sure everything is enabled from our side.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Ensuring that mobile data is enabled on the phone, is part of the process of elimination and not something you've mentioned.

Yes, I have checked everything is enabled and my SIM works in her phone. 

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @rab5 

I recommend your partner speaks to our Mobile Care team to make sure everything is enabled from our side.

Chris

Thanks for your replies. I have managed to work out that my partner has been sent a 3G SIM. We were previously sent a 4G SIM with a new number. We asked for this to be changed and the replacement has her number but is 3G. We will get in touch with EE again.

rab5
Investigator
Investigator

Working at at last. Steps taken: 1. EE shop. Given replacement SIM - No change  2. Phoned EE. Received new SIM - 4G but with new number   3. Phoned EE. Received new SIM - correct number but no 4G   4. Phoned EE. Guide changed PAYG pack to latest version - Everything works fine.

James_B

Thanks for the update @rab5 🙂

James