cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to cellular data.

JamesMoore1
Investigator
Investigator

For the last 2 weeks I have apparently been using my cellular data at an alarming rate. I have purchased data in addition to my plan. This has also been gobbled up. 
I now have no cellular data access on my I-phone and I pad. 
Technical at EE now say this is a problem affecting many accounts. They are trying to resolve this issue. I have also been sent an excessive monthly bill (nearly £100 more than normal). I am expecting a refund of this. 
Very poor service so far. Why was I not notified by EE that there was this cellular data problem?

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JamesMoore1 

Welcome to the community.

I am not aware of a known issue like this. When you check your data settings, do you notice any apps that have used a large amount of mobile data? If you go to 'settings' > Mobile Service > then scroll down, it should list the apps and the amount of data they have used. You can also reset the statistics at the bottom of that page to better monitor the usage going forward.

To discuss your bill, you will need to speak to our Mobile Care team.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Both Apple & Android phones allow you to change the measurement period on the mobile data counter, to match your bill cycle. That can often be very useful in resolving "what have I used my data on" type queries.

Hi Chris. Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry but this is not my problem with accessing cellular data. I currently am unable to access ANY data. My account appears to be frozen. Technical at EE are aware of the problem. They say many other accounts are affected. Still no resolution though. 
My account ratchet up nearly £100 of excess charges in just one month. EE have agreed to send me a credit for this. They are admitting the problem is at their end. Surely there are other users out there with the same problem?

Thanks.

James_B

Hi @JamesMoore1,

What response do you get if you text BALANCE to 150?

James

JamesMoore1
Investigator
Investigator

Current charges are £0.00.

James_B

Does it also list your remaining allowances, @JamesMoore1?

James