cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family data usage..Is there an app for that?

RedS1lence
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

First post so please be gentle!

I've successfully put two more numbers on my shared family plan and I can see those numbers in the app and what they have used.

My question is, can other users in my family track their usage in any way as I have the controlling app and they don't.

Many thanks

Chris 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You login using your email address that is associated with your EE Account (the Bill Payer).

They Login by creating a new Registration using their own email and Password then adding their Mob Number which gets verified on the App with the Sim Card in the Phone at the time.

By you restricting them to buy Data on your App should stop them from Gifting Data on their App.

Unless things have changed that's how I set it all up a few year's back on mine.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Yes MyEE App from the store.

You can control other Family Users within settings

Thanks for the reply..

But how would they login to the app? With their own number and credentials or mine? I'm not keen on the latter..

My 11 year old logging in doesn't sit comfortably.

You login using your email address that is associated with your EE Account (the Bill Payer).

They Login by creating a new Registration using their own email and Password then adding their Mob Number which gets verified on the App with the Sim Card in the Phone at the time.

By you restricting them to buy Data on your App should stop them from Gifting Data on their App.

Unless things have changed that's how I set it all up a few year's back on mine.

Kudos to you sir. Thankyou 👌

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

To be clear, you don't have the controlling app; you have the controlling MyEE account as the account holder. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
RedS1lence
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

Apologies, help required.

I have my daughter's phone on the family plan.

I opened her an account and successfully logged into the app using her credentials on her phone.

When I get to the we verify of her number in said app, it says her number is already in use and managed elsewhere ( yes! By me!) So can she have the app? How do I login? Her credentials or mine? I stress I can see her account and usage via the app on my phone. But want to give her access to this info on hers. 

Thankyou 

@RedS1lence : So it seems @EssexBoyEE's advice didn't pan out. I've always wondered how users of a no., but not a/c holders, see their own settings & usage w/out logging in to the a/c holder's own a/c which would be insecure & non-private.

Perhaps it may be you are still marking your daughter as the a/c holder which she isn't.

As I previously mentioned it has nowt to do with the app but to do with the a/c. 1 instance of the app may log into many a/c's (as you just did). It's exactly the same with the online MyEE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@RedS1lence   There is only one account login and that would be yours your daughter can not have the app and login with your own details as her number is on your account which will be your account and login details so she would have full account access on her device through the my EE app to your account. If your daughter needs to check her allowances she can text BALANCE to 150 to get this information.  

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @RedS1lence.

Have you tried logging in using her login details?

Se should be able to use the app on her phone but not be able to see as much as you can on yours.

Jon