cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan Unlimited Data

jstern111
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I currently have an EE Family Plan with four phones on the plan. My phone is on unlimited data tariff and the rest are on the smallest data plans available at the point of order.

In a normal month I have 100Gb to gift to the other phones on the plan which is usually more than enough to last my wife and children for the month given the bulk of their usage is over broadband.

Unfortunately this month we have had an issue with our home 1Gb/s FTTP broadband (not EE/BT) so the 100Gb was quickly used up (despite my pleas for everyone to go easy!!). Once that data ran out I was immediately allocated another 600Gb which I could again gift through the family plan however, when I called EE to check if this was supposed to happen, I was told they weren't sure what had happened but we're willing to leave things as is.

Whilst great that peace in the house is restored with this extra data, the issue now is that it appears that I have now lost my unlimited data plan as my use is eating into the 600Gb. At current rates we won't make the end of the billing month even with this extra 600Gb which will cause me some WFH issues.

Can anyone explain why this might have happened? Does this mean I am no longer on an unlimited plan until the end of my contract. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Something is a miss here, what does it say when you go to the link below using the Mobile Data on the UL Data SIM.

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

Also how much more can / could you gift after your 100gb Gifting ran out.

@EssexBoyEE The link shows unlimited data but 0Mb left.

After the initial 100Gb ran out and the 600Gb appeared, I can gift all of the 600Gb. I haven't (yet) but what I can see is that the available left for me to gift is diminishing with my usage.

@jstern111 wrote, 

The link shows unlimited data but 0Mb left.

Ok, that's normal for UL Data Plans, so that's what your on, if it was a 600Gb Plan it would say xxxmb left of 600gb.

So go to Gifting and see what is now the max you you can potentially gift to anybody on your Account (you don't need to continue and actually gift)

@EssexBoyEE When the 600Gb first turned up, I could gift all 600Gb of it. I have already gifted a chunk of it and that is working but per my previous comment, the remainder that I have yet to gift appears to be reducing with my usage on the unlimited plan.

Yes it will, but what is the max it will now allow you to Gift ?

Note, If you have run out of Giftable Data from your UL Data SIM your UL Data Number will not show up as an option to gift from.

@EssexBoyEE It says that I have 60Gb left to gift. It is this that is left to gift that has been reducing with my usage.

60gb if that's correct I think you may have confused that with 600gb.

So you still have Data left to gift, as you use your own Data on the UL Data SIM the Giftable Allowance will reduce down to zero.

I always recommend that you Gift ALL of your Giftable Allowance on the first Day of Monthly refresh, that way it's protected from your own use, if need be you can Park it all on another SIM on your Account then Gift from the other SIM. One thing you cannot do though is to Gift or Move Gifted Data back to the UL Data SIM it won't let you do that, if that makes sense.

@EssexBoyEE Definitely not confused!! The history timeline is as follows...

At start of billing month 100Gb available to gift from my Unlimited plan and immediately gifted (per your suggestion)

100Gb gifted is used up

600Gb appears on account mid month (the bit neither I or EE can explain)

500Gb gifted from this new 600Gb leaving 100Gb against my plan.

100Gb remaining now reducing with my usage and currently down to 60Gb remaining for gifting.

My question is really two fold...

1. Where did the 600Gb come from and/or why?

2. When my 60Gb remaining is used up, will that mean that I will have nothing left to use on my plan for me?

So the Gifting History confirms the additional 600gb is correct.

Question 1. I don't know, maybe a glitch in the System, enjoy your extra Data 😉

Question 2. No, the 60gb is the remaining Gifting Data (so I would gift it now before it gets eaten up), and No,  that has no effect on your normal UL Data use, the Above Status Link will confirm this when All the Giftable is used up.

Interesting one though, would be really interested to see what happens next month, perhaps report back  either way.

If it does happen again, not convinced I would be reporting it the EE though. 🙂