Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE no longer tracking my data usage?

cdd89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Since about a week ago, EE no longer appears to accurately track my data usage.

I’ve attached 5 screenshots demonstrating this - the narrative as follows:

1. Data before usage (98.1GB remaining)

01A18634-E30F-4120-834F-FD7580BB6BD6.jpeg

2. iPhone Mobile Data for EE Line (the only line on this device)- usage tracking reset to zero

C44A1C79-83A6-459D-A423-61D11AC0FD6F.jpeg

3. 1GB downloaded via 5G:

5B4EBEE0-C156-4017-A959-76AA323E64B7.png

 4. Verified 1.1 GB usage

BEFBB56A-5CEB-4CBC-A1B1-B7321366798E.png

5. One hour later, the data shown on the EE data tracking page has not decreased by 1.1GB:

D0395932-B263-4C46-AC75-3C868C0C8806.jpeg

I’m concerned that usage may “catch up” and I will suddenly find myself with no data and no ability accurately track this. For example I used about 40GB the other day and none of that is reflected! 

Is this a general problem? Would anyone else be able to go to the Tele2 Speedtest web site and download 1GB over 5G to see if the usage is reflected? 

I have contacted customer service about this but they aren’t able to view my screenshots or test things out for themselves. 

Thanks

Chris

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cdd89,

Is it only the speed test data that isn't being deducted from your allowance or is it all data usage?

James

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_B

Good morning @cdd89

Welcome back to the community. 

Thank you for providing us with these screen shots. 

When you text AL to 150 what reports back?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi,

I have just tried that (a few times), and each time the reply identically matched that displayed on the EE status page. 

thanks!

Katie_B

Thanks for trying @cdd89

Did our customer care team confirm your usage?

Katie

Hi,

They've been attempting to do so, but unfortunately they cannot view screenshots or access external web pages, so we have just been going through trial and error via my device.

As this happens for both myself, and a friend's phone who is also on EE, please can someone from EE try the steps below?

1. Go to a speed test website (or any website containing large files), and download a 1GB file using 5G.
  2. Confirm that the data usage has not reduced.

If this is able to be confirmed, that would isolate the problem as being on EE's side.

Best

Chris

James_B

Hi @cdd89,

Is it only the speed test data that isn't being deducted from your allowance or is it all data usage?

James

Hi James,

I think we’ve got to the bottom of it 🙂

The issue is that the files on that page are “sparsefiles” meaning that they do not contain actual data. 

Clearly something has changed in how EE processes such files as these don’t get reflected in usage. However I’m happy that other usage is clearly getting reflected.

So I have marked as solved. Thanks for your help!