cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data taken

WhersMaDataGone
Investigator
Investigator

I am a pay as you go customer using a samsung galaxy a52, on the 26th may my £20 30 gig data pack renewed but on the 29th of may I recieved a message from 150 saying that i had used 80% of my 30 gig pack that also includes a 2.9 gig free boost and a 14.2 gig roll over and it said I only had 8.9 gig left untill the 30 gig data pack gets renewed on the 25th of june. I have checked my data useage to see which apps have used data and the total for the period of 1st of may to 29th may does not indicate that i have used anywhere near that ammount of data considering it takes into account data used from the previous data pack before the 26th of may.. I tried turning my phone off and on again, resetting it and txting BA to 150 and all that has done is tell me i actually have 11.7 gig left but that still indicates that i have used far more data than i actually have so i am missing out on data that i have paid for, how would i go about getting this fixed and get my data back that I have not used because it is rather irritating.

Screenshot_20230530_111352_Messages.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @WhersMaDataGone 

If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to look into this for you.

Chris

All sorted now, thanks for the help

Hi there - I know you post is a few months ago but this seems to be a common theme, with users data being eaten up. I'm interested in what EE gave as the reason for the data spike as I am having similar issues with BT Mobile. Thanks

Hello, the reason EE gave were that they said I had used the data and that they dont track where the data gets used for security reasons etc and they gave me some extra free data.. I just accepted the free data and left it at that then switched to a cheaper data bundle because i knew it was going to keep doing it and decided to just use local wi-fi.. I know for certain that I wasnt using the ammount of data that was being taken as I use the phones data useage tracker and I also downloaded the glasswire app which shows in realtime the data that is being used and both of them didnt tally at all with what the network was saying I was using. At the time I also took screenshots of the what the EE app said my data was currently at then text EE on 150 to see what that said my current data was at at the same time and they both showed different ammounts so something is definitly not right.. In the end EE lost out as I switched from getting a £20 pound data bundle every month down to a £10 pound data bundle and just try to use less data when out and about as the issue seemingly never really got resolved.. hopefully this helps with your current issues.