cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage rapidly reducing

marco806
Contributor
Contributor

Ive hardly used the data function on phone, yet ive used over 7GB already, in less than 1 day....google chrome alone has eaten up 7.56GB.

ive just done a speedtest and that seems to have reduced data by 1.25GB ..

Any idea what is going on.....I have a dual sim on phone, did the same speed test on that sim (another company) with a tiny effect on mobile data used.

Anyone any idea what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
marco806
Contributor
Contributor

ive just installed internet speed meter lite.

Opened the same page on wifi, then did the same on ee data

Data used on wifi  3MB

Data used on ee    76MB

marco806
Contributor
Contributor

Deeply regretting buying from EE, phoned this morning to be met with options which then sends me a text message which then apparently sends you to a human to speak to you....

of course it does not.....i then send a text message and get a generic reply....

With the data shambles its looking like a cancellation from me.

So, i got through on the phone by choosing a different option... What transpired is utterly bizarre...I activated my sim at 8pm last night, 12 April....However EE records show i have been using data since 10 April (before i activated the sim) the vast majority of use on snapchat..lol, which i dont have and whatsapp...

It took me a while for them to grasp what i was saying , that my data was going down for periods before id actually activagted my sim.....He has added the 7.9gb of data back on.

Still have the issue of data disappointing like water down a sink when i open a web page ...All i can do is monitor and get back in touch... 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @marco806,

Thanks for reporting this issue to Customer Care.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you see any other usage that is out of the ordinary.

James