cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Roaming Personal Hotspot Other Devices

Andyj0934
Investigator
Investigator

Currently abroad in Dubai, using my Apple iPhone. My one gigabyte of data is lasting approximately 30 minutes if I’m lucky. I am not using the phone for any purpose other than receiving texts, WhatsApp messages and phone calls. I can see the Data Usage via the usage information on the phone which is minimal. The problem is my personal hotspot is saying other devices is using all my data. However, there is nothing connected to my hotspot and it’s switched off. Please can anybody shed  any light on a remedy for this problem thank you in advance? 

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Try changing the password for your hotspot. Does the issue persist?

Can you see data usage increasing in real-time even when the function is disabled? Or are you just checking it periodically, and using the function at other times?

When I switch roaming on it’s jumping up in tens of Mbs per minute or so but showing only as personal hotspot other devices. The hotspot is definitely not and there are no devices connected.

IMG_6984.png

When roaming is off there is no increase 

cheers 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Try changing the password for your hotspot. Does the issue persist?

Yes still the same issue 

becoming very interesting 🧐 

IMG_6997.png

 And the hotspot is definitely off with nothing connected 🤔

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Andyj0934 

Has the amount of data used increased since you turned the personal hotspot off?

Chris

 This the thing the hotspot is off and there is no connected devices so at a loss as to what is causing the problem. 

IMG_7056.png

IMG_7054.png

IMG_7055.png

@Andyj0934   Have you tried just restarting the device?  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you text BALANCE to 150, does the information correlate with the phone's counting?