cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birthday text

Tina2304
Explorer

I’ve received a message saying I have 30 days free data for my birthday. Does this include roaming in Greece ?

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tina2304  if that’s a genuine text from EE, then yes it will include the usage abroad.  If you’re on contract make sure you enable roaming by texting ROAMING to 150.  

Just to add that’s the first time I’ve even heard of EE giving free data to anyone because it’s their birthday. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tina2304,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What was the full message you received?

What did it show as the sender?

Are you using a pay as you go or pay monthly plan?

James

Hi

Thank you. I’ve spoken to EE and they said it’s ok

Sent from my iPhone
Ali_ta
Visitor

I got a text saying 
 To say thanks for being part of the EE family, we've got you a special Birthday treat - 30 days of free unlimited data.

Stream, share and shout about your Birthday shenanigans over the next 30 days, with your free Unlimited Data Pass worth over £30.

Get your gift now by texting YES to 1216.

Find out more at http://discover.ee.co.uk/c9g9M8Q9. Fair use policy applies. Text STOP to 2040 to opt out of all text message marketing.

was wondering if this covers roaming in turkey. I’m on a pay monthly sim only plan. Thanks

Leanne_T

Hi @Ali_ta 

Sorry this would not cover any data usage in Turkey, please see our Roaming Costs for Turkey Help page for details on costs and add-ons. 

Please text ROAMING to 150 before travelling to make sure the account is set up for using your phone abroad. 

Have a lovely time. 

Leanne

Hello

Can I just check if this same birthday 30 days unlimited date would be valid in Spain?

Thanks

David

James_B

Hi @rushy451,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you using a pay as you go or pay monthly plan?

James

Hi. 

Just wondering if this is offered to every ee customer as I have had multiple birthdays since having my sim card and have never been given this offer.

Katie_B

Hi @ruthjx06

Welcome to the community. 

Those with eligible plans will receive a text with information on how to claim this. 

Katie