cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Sim Problem

macsim
Investigator
Investigator

I just purchased a £15 with 25gb of data sim Today for my D-Link  DWR-978 5g router.

Set it up on my phone Setup worked fine. Popped it in my Router and can only get 4g.

4g lights up But I cannot get a 5g Light on my Router. And I am only about 1/2" mile from the mast.

I know it works because I already got a sim from EE  With just enough data to try I to see if I could get 5g as its only recently arrived in my area.

And it was working fine.

Any ideas Folks.

Ronnie

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@macsim  If this is PAYG then 5G isn’t available to PAYG users.  You need to be a contract customer and that includes a sim only contract 

So the sim you got just test was ether on a contract to get 5G or you never got 5G because it was a PAYG.     If you did get 5G you need to check your account as you are under a contract which will be 12 or 24 months 

Hi Chris thanks for the info Was on the phone to EE for ages the other day They never said a word about 5g on Contract.

macsim
Investigator
Investigator

Also I don't think I activated I have always been on contract Never used a sim before.

I was chatting to someone at ee yesterday  to get it  activated But the call was cut off in the middle of the conversation.

I thought she would call back but never heard anything.