Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Not Working on iPhone XR

Ahsoka1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

My 4G doesn't work properly on my phone, weirdly enough WhatsApp works fine but I'm not able to use the internet or any other app. I've tried the following solutions already:

• Restart phone
  • Remove and reinsert SIM card
  • Checked the network status in my area (everything is fine)
  • Reset network settings
  • Checked that 4G is selected on all apps

This only started after I came back from holiday so not sure if it's related to that. Any help would be appreciated!

17 REPLIES 17
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @Ahsoka1 

Thanks for coming here and letting us know what you have tried already. 

Could I just check, have you tried the SIM in another phone to see if you can access other apps and the internet? 

If you log into your My EE app and select Settings and Permissions, do you have use mobile data showing as active? 

Speak soon. 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for getting back to me.

The mobile data is showing as active on the My EE app. I tried my SIM in another phone, and the 4G worked fine with the internet and other apps - I thought the issue maybe with my SIM but could it possibly be the phone instead?

@Leanne_T   Did you use a different network SIM card in that device while you was abroad? 

Hi Chris,

No I didn't, it was the same EE SIM card I use day-to-day.

@Ahsoka1  Just to check you have got enabled cellular data on the other apps on your device?   You’ll find this in settings>mobile data and scroll down.  They should be toggled on  

Hi Chris,

I do have it enabled on the other apps. Appreciate your assistance with this!

Leanne_T

Hi @Ahsoka1

If the SIM works in another phone it does seem like it is the phone, have you tried factory resetting the iPhone, after backing all your data up? 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne,

I've backed up the phone, and done a factory reset as you suggested - unfortunately the problem remains!

Leanne_T

Thanks for trying @Ahsoka1

In this case, please call us on 150 and the team can run through some further troubleshooting and let you know the next steps to get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.