cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE totally unable to unlock mini wifi parental controls

IvyL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EE incapable of unlocking Mini Wifi. Spent two hours on the phone with two different agents yesterday and they were unable to help. After nearly an hour, the first agent said it was all sorted and I'd shortly get an email. It wasn't and I didn't.
The other tried THREE times with credit cards which took  more than an hour and finally gave up saying it couldn't be done. Have also tried with my credit card online and it says did not work please try again, over and over.
The agents were both very pleasant and polite but the poor things were totally exasperated.
Shocking service EE

21 REPLIES 21
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @IvyL,

What happens when you try to change your content settings at EE - Content unlock?

James

IvyL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can't use content unlock with a mobile Mini Wifi

@IvyL  Why can’t you ?  It’s a device with a sim in it just like a phone and just like a phone is has a phone number but this is just used for data access.   It’s the sims account that having content lock removed not the device. 

IvyL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EE won't allow you to change parental controls on a Mini Wifi box online. Perhaps you should ask them why?

IvyL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It's PAYG

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @IvyL,

EE - Content unlock should work with any EE mobile device.

What happens when you try?

James

On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18. Alternatively you can visit an EE store with some photo ID.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
IvyL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yeah. Done that, (as I said in the OP...)

EE have just confirmed there's a problem at their end with registering cards... the

IvyL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It's PAYG. You can't do content unlock on PAYG. And EE's system for card checks has been down since yesterday they say...