cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GEE Router 2021 - Guest WiFi duration

will-
Visitor

Hi community,

I've been looking at getting the 5GEE Router 2021 for a small business use case.  I managed to find a User Guide, which said:

"The guest network is a temporary wireless network for guest users. You can set a duration you wan the network to transmit."
Among the settings options, it says

• Duration: Set the time period the Guest Network will transmit. The default value is 1 day. 
  • Time remaining: This is the time remaining for your guest network to transmit. Click Extend for 4 hours to add time to the guest network.

Temporary?! Does this mean someone has to log in and enable Guest Network every time anyone wants to use it?

Can anyone who has this router tell me - is there an option to just enable the guest network indefinitely? We would absolutely need this, and every other router I've seen does not put a time limit on guest networks.  

What are the full options for the "Duration" dropdown?  The user guide doesn't show them. 

Captive Portal session timeouts I can understand (not that the 5GEE 2021 is capable of that, afaik), but just disabling the whole network after a set time would just not be in any way usable.   If that's the only option, then we would most likely need to look for other routers, or providers without such locked-down features. 

I would also be interested to know, if anyone has the Zyxel NR5103  - i.e. the same device but not locked down with EE's firmware - what the options are for guest networks. 

Many thanks,

Will. 

1 REPLY 1
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @will-,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That's a great question. I've reached out to see if I can get some more information on the guest network feature for you.

I'll get back to you as soon as I receive a response.

Thanks

James