cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones for Refugees

MikeK3
Visitor

Hi!  I am the Director for Displaced Persons (i.e. refugees) in a charity based near Manchester.  We provide weekly English lessons for 60+ persons, and also try to help address their needs for clothing (winter jackets, winter shoes) and human interactions.

The human interactions piece is where I am hoping EE can assist.  About 20% of our current group of refugees do not have cell phones, which hampers their ability to talk to their families.  Our charity does have SIM cards, but they are of little use without cell phones.  We have already done a donation drive through the local churches and fraternal organizations to source a bunch of phones but are still short.  I am hoping that EE could potentially have some used, unlocked cell phones (from your trade-in programs) that we could either purchase cheaply or simply have donated.  It would be a tremendous way to help these future UK citizens as they go through the travails of settling in a new country.

Please let me know if anything is possible, and thank you for your consideration of this request.

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @MikeK3 

You can buy mobiles for as little as £10 on Amazon and eBay. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @MikeK3

Welcome to the community. 

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Katie